By Brittany Carragher
Friday the 13th usually marks a ‘bad luck’ day. But, for comic book and documentary enthusiasts in the Boston area this Friday should be an anticipated day.
April 13th, is the opening of the documentary; Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope, a film directed by Morgan Spurlock (Super-Size Me).
The movie explores the foreign world of comic book conventions.
Coolidge Corner Theatre further describes the event:
- Eric, an aspiring illustrator, is hoping to impress publishers and land a job;
- Holly, costume and creature designer, hopes her creations will win the big prize;
- Chuck, a long-time comic book dealer, is looking for a big sale to pay off his debts;
- Skip, longtime amateur illustrator wants to be discovered at this year’s event;
- James, a young fan, hopes his girlfriend will accept a dramatic proposal.
Director Morgan Spurlock will be at a special screening of the documentary on Sunday, April 15th at 3:00 p.m. After the screening he will particiapate in a Q&A session.
His documentaries have brought him a lot of recognition. I saw Super-Size Me and enjoyed it. Imagine the questions you could ask that man! I wonder if he has since eaten at McDonald’s?
I think that Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope, appeals to more than just comic book fanatics. After watching the trailer I am curious to learn more about this fantasy world.
Tickets go on go on sale approximately two days prior to the opening date. Check out the trailer here!