By Alex Cronin
Want to impress people and tell them you bake from scratch? Well these delicious and quick chocolate chip cookies will do the trick. They are almost as easy as buying the tube of Pillsbury dough and they taste a lot better! This is a great recipe to start your baking career.
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup of softened butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 heaping teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except flour and chocolate chips in a large bowl or in an electric mixer.
- When this mixture is smooth stir in flour and dough will form.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon to scoop balls of dough and place them an inch or two apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the tops of the cookies are golden brown.
- When cookies are done let them cool for a few minutes.